- Do I need to have a trial?
- As the bride, it’s an important part of the wedding preparation to have a trial. This will give you peace of mind that you are completely happy with your wedding look and minimise any stress on the day. It also allows you to test the longevity of the makeup and whether you would need some powder top-ups to alleviate any shine. It is not essential for the bridal party to have a trial but it would be helpful to have them attend your trial to discuss what they would like on the day. If not a photograph and a quick discussion will be adequate.
- How long does a trial take?
- There is no set time limit for trials but they typically last around 2-3hrs for hair and makeup. Sometimes a bride will know exactly what she wants and other times she may want to try a few different styles out.
- When and where do trials take place?
- Trials usually take place 6-10 weeks prior to the wedding but Holly is happy for them to happen at any time. Trials usually take place at your home or a friend/family member's home.
- Will the makeup stay on all day?
- Yes, but you will need to re-apply your lipstick every couple of hours (Holly will supply you with enough of your chosen lip colour to enable you to touch up your lips during the day) and if there are tears, dab them don't wipe! Holly always uses waterproof mascara at weddings just in case!
- Do you accept cheques?
- Yes, cheques, cash and bank transfers are all accepted.
- Which areas do you cover and what are your travel charges?
- Holly is based in Whitstable, Kent and willing to travel to venues in the UK and internationally. Travel to most Kent venues is free but some travel charges may apply to certain venues so please ask Holly about this at the time of booking. Any car parking, toll charges or congestion charges will apply.
- What products do you use?
- Holly uses top quality products and cosmetics in her kit such as; Airbase Airbrushing Foundation, Chanel, Laura Mercier, MAC, Illamasqua, Dior, Clinique, Daniel Sandler, Bobbi Brown, Nars, TIGI and L'Oreal amongst others.
- What makeup style would you recommend to flatter a bride?
- Bridal makeup should enhance your natural beauty and compliment your wedding gown and theme. It's important not to lose your personal identity when deciding on your look and it should reflect how you normally wear your makeup just a bit more polished and glam! The majority of brides go for a natural look, which airbrush makeup is ideal for as it gives flawless coverage without feeling or looking heavy. However, even for a very natural look, Holly would add a little extra definition to your features so that everything shows up well in the photographs. Every bride deserves to look and feel truly beautiful.
- I can't decide how I want my wedding hair and/or makeup - can you help?
- Start by looking at some bridal magazines and Google images for some inspiration and also consider the cut and style of your wedding gown. A princess style gown always looks nice with an up-do with a lot of texture or long flowing curls whereas, a gown with clean lines and intricate beading can suit sleek hairstyles such as a side bun or chignon. Also, think about how comfortable you are going to feel with the look, do you normally wear all your hair up or do you wear it down, some brides like to have hair on their shoulders so a half-up half-down style could be suitable. Also, consider how the hair and/or makeup will look with your face shape, if you have a long face some width at the sides can balance this while height gives balance to a round face shape.
- I don't have my veil and/or tiara for my trial - can you help?
- Holly has a few tiaras, veils and hair adornments in her kit, should your accessories be unavailable or not decided upon at the trial. This is especially useful when you haven't decided what type of accessories you want, as you can see what they will look like with your chosen bridal hair and makeup style.
- Can you help lace my bridal gown?
- Yes, Holly has worked in her family's bridal boutique part-time for many years and has a lot of experience with lacing wedding and bridesmaid gowns. Should you require any help on the day please do not hesitate to ask.
Hair & Makeup Artist